Time is money and here we are again coming up to the end of the financial year.
A perfect time to ask yourself whether you actually made some financial progress this year.
Of course, it is much easier to go through the motions, but unfortunately that will not get you very far.
You see, it is very unlikely as a doctor or dentist that you will be entitled to any major government benefits in retirement, so the onus is completely on you.
So, do you really want to leave your retirement to chance?
Let’s look at some of the financial areas that you should proactively be managing and reviewing:
- You might have multiple funds, or funds with excessive fees
- You might have an inappropriate investment strategy or the performance is lagging
- Your balance might be too low for your age
- Do you have excessive debt?
- Are you paying too much interest?
- Are you focused on paying off your home mortgage quicker?
- Do you have a strategy to build wealth outside super?
- Is your performance on track?
- Do you have sufficient diversification?
- Does your cover need to be reviewed? Premiums keep going up at a rapid pace.
- Cash flow and tax:
- Are you proactively managing your tax exposure?
- Have you automated savings and debt repayment strategies?
- Do you have an emergency fund?
If that sounds complicated to you, well that’s because it is, and that is why clients prefer to work with an adviser like us.
You might feel the same way but never took it any further. Then maybe the start of yet another financial year might be the perfect time to take action.
If so, please contact me on 0432 885 295 or Yves@affluenceprivate.com.au
I would love to help.
As I understand your time is extremely valuable and scarce, I am able to offer flexible meetings times, including outside business hours and during the weekend. I can even come and meet you somewhere convenient, or talk via videoconference on Skype.
My first consultation is free. I allocate up to 90 minutes to discuss your personal circumstances and to establish how I may best assist you. Where you already have an existing adviser, I would be happy to offer a second opinion. I always quote a fixed dollar fee before we start working together.
Please contact me on email@example.com or call me direct on 0432 885 295. You can follow me on Twitter @YvesSchoof or connect with me on LinkedIn to receive new articles.
Yves Schoof and Affluence Private Wealth are Authorised Representatives of Synchron, AFS Licence No. 243313.
The information posted is intended to be general in nature and is not personal financial product advice. It does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs.
Before acting on any information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information provided and the nature of the relevant financial product having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. In particular, you should seek independent financial advice and read the relevant product disclosure statement (PDS) or other offer document prior to making a decision.