Happy new year first of all, and welcome back to my weekly blog.
I thought this would be a good time to consider what your financial priorities should be for the year ahead.
Please find below a non-exhaustive list for you to consider.
- Cash flow
- Can you earn a higher income?
- Perhaps you can position yourself for career progression, and enhance or widen your skills through further study or training? Maybe you want to pursue private practice?
- Can you control your expenses better and save more?
- Tax planning – there are 6 months left before the end of the financial year – plenty of time to review your options and strategies before 30 June
- Revisit your goals and objectives – have they changed, are you still on track?
- Review your investments – how was the performance vs the benchmark, vs your goals? Is there scope to start investing or increase your rate of investments?
- Is your debt repayment on course? Have you reviewed your loans recently with a specialist? Can you accelerate your home loan repayment?
- Insurance – you have a window to organise a quality income protection policy before the policy changes will take place later this year
- Superannuation – Should you start contributing more? Are you still in the right investment option? Do you have multiple accounts like around?
These are just some ideas of how you can get your financial affairs in order. As always, if you need any help, please contact me via Yves@affluenceprivate.com.au or 08 9381 2704.
Here is to a better year for all of us!
As I understand your time is extremely valuable and scarce, I am able to offer flexible meetings times, including outside business hours and during the weekend. I can even come and meet you somewhere convenient, or talk via videoconference on Skype.
My first consultation is free. I allocate up to 90 minutes to discuss your personal circumstances and to establish how I may best assist you. Where you already have an existing adviser, I would be happy to offer a second opinion. I always quote a fixed dollar fee before we start working together.
Please contact me on email@example.com or call me direct on 0432 885 295. You can follow me on Twitter @YvesSchoof or connect with me on LinkedIn to receive new articles.
Yves Schoof and Affluence Private Wealth are Authorised Representatives of Synchron, AFS Licence No. 243313.
The information posted is intended to be general in nature and is not personal financial product advice. It does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs.
Before acting on any information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information provided and the nature of the relevant financial product having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. In particular, you should seek independent financial advice and read the relevant product disclosure statement (PDS) or other offer document prior to making a decision.