I thought you might find it useful to understand who we work with, and what their reasons are for seeking advice.
It is obvious that we work with Medical/dental professionals, but below are some further details:
- Typically they are aged between 35-49
- They have a young family
- They want to plan for private school fees and/or university fees
- They are building 1stgeneration wealth, and want to build a better future for their family
- As such, they have a strong desire to make the most of their money
- They want someone to give them direction, financial guidance and advice, and that ‘someone’ needs to have the following characteristics:
- The relationship is built on trust
- They charge their fees the right way, i.e. no commissions
- They do not want to be sold products
- They want someone that really understands them and their challenges
- Our clients are happy to take advice and pay for it, and typically they prefer a one-stop shop. They want to work with experts and expect a high level of service, that is both responsive and proactive
- Our clients do not want to work until they drop dead, and strive to achieve financial independence by their mid-50’s. Balance in life is essential for them.
- They are analytical and time-poor, so they want the facts, to enable them make smart financial decisions. They want to understand how their decisions affect their life, and want to examine all the options.
- Most of our clients are interested in starting or growing their private practice, partly because they have to, as there are less public contracts on offer. For some this presents a challenging environment, with less private healthcare patients perhaps going forward.
- Many doctors and dentists carry high levels of debt and have no real plan to repay this.
- They face cash flow pressures due to:
- School fees
- Single income
- Lifestyle expectations
If you are a doctor or dentist and this sounds like you, then please feel. Free to reach out to discuss your financial needs and concerns.
Yves@affluenceprivate.com.au or 0432 885 295
As I understand your time is extremely valuable and scarce, I am able to offer flexible meetings times, including outside business hours and during the weekend. I can even come and meet you somewhere convenient, or talk via videoconference on Skype.
My first consultation is free. I allocate up to 90 minutes to discuss your personal circumstances and to establish how I may best assist you. Where you already have an existing adviser, I would be happy to offer a second opinion. I always quote a fixed dollar fee before we start working together.
Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me direct on 0432 885 295. You can follow me on Twitter @YvesSchoof or connect with me on LinkedIn to receive new articles.
Yves Schoof and Affluence Private Wealth are Authorised Representatives of Synchron, AFS Licence No. 243313.
The information posted is intended to be general in nature and is not personal financial product advice. It does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs.
Before acting on any information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information provided and the nature of the relevant financial product having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. In particular, you should seek independent financial advice and read the relevant product disclosure statement (PDS) or other offer document prior to making a decision.
Latest posts by Yves Schoof (see all)
- Is Dollar Cost Averaging A Good Idea Now? - 23/09/2020
- Should doctors and dentists be concerned about the recession? - 16/09/2020
- Which Funds Perform Better In A Downward Market? - 09/09/2020