We are still in very uncertain territory when it comes to the share market. The recovery from the stock market losses was very swift and many people are now pondering their options.
It might therefore be interesting to reflect on how High Net Worth investors approach times like this.
Some of the research indicates that:
- HNW investors are more likely to be actively engaged in managing their investment portfolios and to consider a more aggressive strategy amid the wild market volatility.
- HNW investors are much more likely than the mass affluent investors to seek risk. This perhaps partly explains why there are a lot more HNW investors than mass affluent investors who have bought the share market dip.
You can read the article and research here
Now the level of investment risk you are prepared to take, can be influenced by a wide range of factors, such as:
- Your timeframe for investment
- Your financial resources and ability to absorb a loss
- Your investment experience
It is therefore important to consider your own personal circumstances and develop your own investment strategy.
You should also note that market timing and finding the perfect buying opportunity is near impossible. You have to get started as some point, just make sure it is the right time for you.
As I understand your time is extremely valuable and scarce, I am able to offer flexible meetings times, including outside business hours and during the weekend. I can even come and meet you somewhere convenient, or talk via videoconference on Skype.
My first consultation is free. I allocate up to 90 minutes to discuss your personal circumstances and to establish how I may best assist you. Where you already have an existing adviser, I would be happy to offer a second opinion. I always quote a fixed dollar fee before we start working together.
Please contact me on email@example.com or call me direct on 0432 885 295. You can follow me on Twitter @YvesSchoof or connect with me on LinkedIn to receive new articles.
Yves Schoof and Affluence Private Wealth are Authorised Representatives of Synchron, AFS Licence No. 243313.
The information posted is intended to be general in nature and is not personal financial product advice. It does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs.
Before acting on any information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information provided and the nature of the relevant financial product having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. In particular, you should seek independent financial advice and read the relevant product disclosure statement (PDS) or other offer document prior to making a decision.
Latest posts by Yves Schoof (see all)
- Is Dollar Cost Averaging A Good Idea Now? - 23/09/2020
- Should doctors and dentists be concerned about the recession? - 16/09/2020
- Which Funds Perform Better In A Downward Market? - 09/09/2020